2024年5月7日 星期二

62. Love in Fiji

 

New Zealand's lakeside landscape is intertwined

Before the age of 31, I was never attracted to men, or had a little bit of a liking, and it quickly faded over time. Most of them were male classmates, all friends, not boyfriends, and I don't think I could have fallen in love one day.

After the language school, my father sent me a small fortune for my birthday, some of which I donated to World Vision, and the rest for a trip to the North and South Islands of New Zealand, and a seven-day trip to Fiji, and the next morning, while writing a postcard in the hotel restaurant, a German man asked me, "Can you share a table with me?" and I said, "Yes..." When I looked up at him, I felt like I was being electrocuted, and I even knotted my words.

I know very well that I came to study English in New Zealand to open the door to mission, not to end it for a momentary relationship. But on the third day we went out together, as part of a small group to play on a neighboring island, and I couldn't help but follow him, and I finally learned that he was a Christian, and unfortunately he didn't want to be a missionary, and on the fourth night, I was arguing, because he was leaving Fiji for Australia tomorrow, and my prayer was, "If he is not prepared by the Lord, I will give him three addresses, and if I receive a letter at one of the addresses, he is prepared by God." To be sure of the Lord's will, I don't ask Him for His address, I just obey the Lord!

I've been back to New Zealand for a long time, and I hadn't received any letter from him, and my heart was broken, and I often cried and curse myself for being stupid, why didn't I leave his address? Another voice told me that it was the Lord's will, and while I was in Fiji, I got a verse that said, "I call you to be one." I thought he was my spiritual partner, but it didn't stand the test and it ended.

When I graduated from the Australian Mission Training School, I confessed to a senior who said to me, "He's not interesting to any girl," so I went back to my dorm room and declared, "God shut my heart until my other half appears! When my spiritual partner appears, I ask him, "You're too slow to show up. I've waited long enough for God's will.

沒有留言:

張貼留言