2024年5月11日 星期六

72. Visa

 

                                               Copan town

Getting a visa for me; “It's hard.” There were not many countries that had diplomatic relations with Taiwan that time, so in most countries, Taiwanese missionaries needed to apply for visas, which varied in difficulty. Let's not forget that God is in control of all the visas, and if God wants you to go, no matter how difficult it is for you, you will eventually get the visa.

I applied for a visa to Russia in South Australia, paid the most price, I could get a visa within 24 hours, but I couldn't get a visa for a few weeks, and my visa in Australia was about to expire, and the plane ticket to Russia had been bought, but I couldn't wait for the visa, through the help of the brothers in the Russian church, but the speed did not speed up, I received the visa in the afternoon before leaving Australia to go to Russia, and hurriedly went to apply for an Italian visa, but the righteous countries believes that Taiwan is not an independent country, if it takes two weeks to apply for a visa, I turned back to the parade, I had to go through five countries to get to Moscow after a flight ticket, including changing to the wrong plane, being thrown off the plane by the flight attendant, not being able to find my boarding pass, and the embarrassment of pushing the cart while sleeping, all of which were caused by the visa.

Applying for a U.S. visa is really difficult, and there is no common reason, there is a tendency to immigrate illegally, and you always have to go several times before you can pass it, because God is the one in power.

In 1995, when I was in Rostov-on-Don, Russia, the immigration office asked me, “What should you do if the mainland China attacks Taiwan?” and I humorously said, “I will become a refugee in Russia, is that okay?” They gave me another three months visa so that I could be in Rostov for a year. I applied for visas three times in Russia, and I made these serious Russian immigration officials smiled.

Guatemala and Taiwan established diplomatic relations, Guatemala adopts visa on arrival, up to 90 days, I will drive to Honduras after 90 days, about two hours to reach the border of Guatemala and Honduras, go through the departure procedures of Guatemala, enter Honduras, and then drive to the ancient town of Honduras (Copan) for lunch, and then drive back to the border of Honduras and Guatemala, handle the departure from Honduras, and then enter Guatemala, I will successfully get a 90 days visa, pay attention to the number of days above, if you don't pay attention, the visa officer can give you a 30 days visa, The missionary ran for another visa within one month. In the early days, I didn't have a car, so I prayed every 90 days before I could catch a ride with other missionaries, and every time I prayed with tears, I could get the 90-days Guatemala visa. When I had a car, I often took some missionaries with me who didn't have a car, and we could go together to get visas, sometimes stay overnight in the small town of Copan, relax and swim in the hotel, and then I drove back to Zacapa at noon the next day.

Visas are impossible with man, but all things can be possible with God. (Matthew 19:26; Mark 10:27; Philippians 4:13)

沒有留言:

張貼留言