2024年5月9日 星期四

68. Newspaper Looking for Marriage Notes

Jenifer was a Taiwanese girl I met at a language school in New Zealand, and then after she returned to Taiwan, she worked in a car rental company, and one day, she cut out her marriage notice in the English newspaper and sent it to me, she hoped that I could get married as soon as possible, and I also hoped to have a home of my imagination.

James was a German-American, a Christian who attended Chinese English services and made living for repairing antique cars. I was at the School of Frontier Mission in South Australia, and he sent me a letter every one to two weeks, and I wanted to see him, and I wanted him to come to South Australia, and in many prayers, he began to tell the truth, “He's divorced, and he's only interested in Chinese short-term missions...”, and one night, after reading his letter, I was very sad, and I went to talk with Mark’s couple, the head of the SOFM school, and Mark's wife told me, "I'm not looking for a spouse who will follow my mission, but with me, peers, visions, and spouses (the other half) of the same mission field...”. After many prayers, I wrote a letter to Jacob, tactfully rejecting his kindness and causing him a hurt in his heart, hoping that he would forgive me.

I think back to the time when I was very anxious to get married, which caused a lot of contradictions in my heart, I just wanted to marry a Christian, and after I got married, he would definitely work with me on a mission? But in fact, if he didn't have a missionary vision, he would eventually quit mission. Thank God! With the advice and prayers of Mark’s couple, I finally pulled back from the precipice.

沒有留言:

張貼留言