2024年6月27日 星期四

102. Evangelism on the mountains

 

Plan del Moro kids and I 

I couldn't wait for the new computer to teach the children at the House of Hope Orphanage, so I moved to the mountain ministries and worked with two American brothers, and we worked together perfectly, I specialized in women and children's ministries, and they managed and talked about the pastoral group on the mountain, which became one of the best memories in Guatemala.

Once, I went up to the mountains to teach the women to do handicrafts, and the first night, I stayed at the house of the pastor's daughter, and I was in a room with firewood and wood, and they hung my hammock, and I fell asleep in the hammock. In the middle of the night, I got up to go to the toilet, this room has no latch, it was a tree trunk to resist, remove the trunk, go downhill, close to the toilet, I saw seven  local dogs, showing their sharp teeth, the corners of the mouth were still drooling, I ran uphill, these local dogs were chasing after me, and I ran into a pig on the way, finally escaped back to the firewood house, with the trunk against the door, these fierce dogs were still barking outside for two hours, I really wanted to pee, I found a plastic bag in the hiking bag, I urinated in it, thinking about tomorrow morning, Take it to the toilet and throw it away. When I got up the next morning, I found that there was a hole in the plastic bag, and the urine was all flowing into the dirt, so I went to confess my mistake to the pastor, and the pastor laughed when he heard my experience, because his daughter's family only had three dogs, no pigs, the pigs were next door, and the other four dogs were neighbors, and as for the plastic bags of urine, he didn't mind. The pastor heard his son-in-law say, “He saw a woman, dressed in pants, running around on the hillside.” The women on the mountain only wore skirts and dresses, but fortunately they were pajama pants so that they could run fastly and not be bitten by the dogs, which was a blessing in misfortune!

On the second night, I slept in the kitchen of the pastor's house, and I set up a hammock and went to bed in the hammock early, because his wife had to go into the kitchen at five o'clock in the morning to make maize cakes, but before four o'clock, his wife had already entered the kitchen in the dark to make a fire, and the smell of smoke was everywhere, so how could I sleep? Rush outside to get some fresh air, have breakfast at five o'clock in the morning, and it's just getting light up again.

The hill church in Guatemala is very conservative, women have to cover their heads, they are not allowed to preach, and when I first went to Zacapa, I had a dream that I was preaching in the hill church, and everybody listened to me, and when I shared it with other missionaries, they said to me, “It's absolutely impossible.” After three and a half years, my vision was fulfilled when the pastors on the hill invited me to preach at different times, and the audience responded with praise to the Lord! Or thank the Lord! I think the Apostle Paul in the Bible must have jumped out of his grave and interrogated me, saying, “Be quiet, women!”

Every time we go up the mountain, we have to bring a field party, so we have to bring a speaker box and a microphone, and the microphone is my favorite, half an hour before the party, I use the microphone to sing a lot of Spanish praising songs, all the village children sing with me, I will put the microphone in front of the mouths of different children, ask them to sing loudly, even the American short-term mission team members also watch us, because I like the microphone so much.

In the villages I walked, there were many people or their families who changed. There was a blind woman, and when I first met her, she said, “I'm poor and sick, and no one will visit me.” I said, “The Lord Jesus is visiting you today.” God not only healed her sickness, but her unknown father's son, who was a very talented school, went to middle school in the city, and the primary school in the village on the mountain could only go to the fifth grade, and this woman's hope was her son, but also Jesus in her heart.

 

Postscript:

I face my life with grateful heart, I have experienced various stages of joy, anger, sorrow, and happiness, I have no regrets about God and man, I think my life is so wonderful, if God wants to take my life to my heaven home now, I will also be happy and glad to go, because God has given me life, there are no regrets, but there is infinite praise and endless worship of my Lord, Jesus!

沒有留言:

張貼留言