2024年6月25日 星期二

86. In the hands of God

 

I applied to YWAM University of Nations to get a master's degree in early childhood education in four and a half years, I sent the application and TOEFL score to the school, and soon I heard back, and the university gave me an A-20 certificate that I could apply for a student visa in the United States, which was my dream at that time, to become a missionary with a job as a teacher.

The first time I went to apply for a U.S.A student visa, the immigration department thought I had illegal immigration tendencies, so I didn't get it, I went back to pray, and God said, ”It's all in His hands.” I went back to USA immigration for the second time, and I changed to a foreigner, not clumsy like ABC (America Born Chinese), he asked some questions, I answered in simple English, I actually passed the customs, and I got a five-year American student visa in five days. Praise the Lord!

Because the TOEFL was due at that time, the staff of early childhood education at the international university asked me to retake the TOEFL, and the school could not start classes this year because of the insufficient number of students, and I had to wait for a year, and the tuition fee needed to be as high as 5,000 US dollars for three months, and finally the TOEFL score regressed, and the school authorities transferred me to a Bible class, and the staff there thought that the TOEFL score was not good, so it was not enough to meet the pressure of homework, I asked the pastor of the mother association to write a letter in Chinese, I translated the letter into English, and the staff thought that the pastor's English letter was higher than my English level, It's so much better than my regular E-mail, and I honestly explain that I translated the letter, but these co-workers don't trust me, their minds don't turn very well, because they don't believe I wrote it, God! What a shame.

After many communications, they proposed to wait for a year to return to the original level of TOEFL scores, and I was disheartened, and the pastor of my mother church encouraged me to find other ways out, not to wait for a year, just to take the TOEFL test. Once when I went to the mission fellowship, Sister Zang suggested to me, “I can go to the Australian Mission Training College.” I contacted Miss Mak and she arranged for my English test, just like the TOEFL test, and even though I was 0.4 off, I was still allowed to go there.

Looking back now, everything is in the hands of the Lord, and when He closes one door, He will open another door or window, and we can pass through.

沒有留言:

張貼留言