2024年6月25日 星期二

90. Team leader of the Short term Mission

 

MTC First year classmates


MTC second year classmates

At Mission Training College, once a year, I can choose to go abroad for three weeks, or two weeks in local Australia, I have been in MTC for two years, and I only participate in domestic short-term missions, so although it is not too challenging, it trains my leadership skills.

In the first year of the short term mission, the second grade Kim and his wife led the team, they led my classmates Chris and me, but I was very frustrated, the team leader thought that I couldn't act in skits and couldn't speak, I could only teach fried rice at women's gatherings, Chris could play and sing to himself, he was even better than me, the proposal proposed by the church was messy, and we didn't know what we were doing? It's funny!

Second year, I was the leader of the team and I led four first-year students, a Japanese sister, a Singaporean brother, an Australian couple and their daughter Hannah. I went to the school library to collect Bible study materials, puppet play scripts, I also borrowed five puppets in advance, our puppet show brought out the mission of evangelism, I fell there, I got up there, I used the hymn “People need the Lord”, as my solo dance, in the first year, I wanted to learn this dance drama, but I was criticized by the team leader for not being talented enough to learn it, because my performance received a positive response from the church members.

We had prepared an introduction to Japanese culture, China night and Mission night. I had a dispute with Brother Todd in Australia about the program of the Chinese Night, but when the whole meeting was completed, the Brother Todd expressed positive support for me, and I made the right decision at the beginning. We had a Sunday and two night meetings, from singing, puppet shows, skits, prayers, sermons, and Chinese food after the meeting, all of which were organized by the five of us, and with the church band, it was a perfect gathering.

We attended almost every events and meetings, from the elders to the children. During the 45-minute evangelistic play on Mission Night, I invited 10 young people from this church to join our team, and I was comforted by the positive response from our members.

My English is not an Australian accent, but I was loved by my host family and church members, and I spent my 38th birthday there, and God is amazing, I fell down on the mission, and I got back up on the mission, which also expanded my faith in God.

The church praised the school for being a good short-term mission leader, and the school staff and teachers thought God would promise me leadership because I didn't. That's a big difference, only God knows what kind of person I am? What will it do? The important thing is that I am still running for the Lord, and I want the prize that is set before me, and the Lord will say to me, “Good! You are good and faithful servant, you are faithful in few things, and I will put thee in charge of many things; Come in and enjoy your master's pleasure.” (Matthew 25:21, 23)

沒有留言:

張貼留言