2024年6月25日 星期二

87. Days of MTC

 

Kitchen coworkers

In 1998, I entered the Australian Missionary Training College, my roommate was a second-year student, she liked to cry to the school teacher, first to talk and win, her best friend was also from Taiwan, she was also on her side, and it turns out that Asians were also difficult to get along with.

In the second semester of the first year, I lived in the same room with this senior sister, which was really a big challenge. Two third-grade seniors moved into another room in our dormitory, and these two seniors were very nice to me and often stood by my side. In the second year, I was promoted to the head of the dormitory, and I shared the same room with two first-year Australian students, Susan was in the same room, she was a night owl, I was an early bird, every night she turned on the light and turned on the computer, I fell asleep under the fluorescent lamp, I got up in the morning, I took the spiritual materials and homework, went to the kitchen to read the Bible, pray and write homework, in the morning, my roommates did not allow me to boil water and make coffee, for a long time, my heart was very unbalanced. One night, at about eleven o'clock, I asked Susan to turn off the lights, because I had to sleep, and she complained to the school teacher, which hurt me a lot, and I thought that as long as I sued first, I would stand on the right side, and the party who did not sue would be wronged.

Under this pressure for a long time, my temper became more and more, from losing my temper every day to not losing my temper for several weeks, it was not easy to work with my Western colleagues, they always had something to say, and they always had a reason. One day, I saw the first kitchen co-worker go to wash the dishes, and I was the second kitchen co-worker to wipe the dishes, and this Korean female classmate shed tears while washing the dishes, because the third and fourth kitchen co-workers made biscuits, and we did their work of washing and wiping dishes, so I went to the kitchen co-worker to theorize, she said, “You Asians don't make biscuits, only Australian students do.” I replied, “I can't do it, I can learn it!” I thought why should I look down on us Asians, I often have grievances, and the school staff have bad reviews of me, they think I'm looking for nothing to do, what do I think Jesus will do? He must not be partial, because He is not partial, unlike man.



I spent a lot of time with Westerners, and I found that not the same country has the same characteristics, it is often a personal personality and behavior, and it is not 100% related to which country I come from, and I often go straight to the point, I am no longer only Chinese culture, I have merged part of the West, another part of the East and some Latin American culture, this is me, because God loves me who I am. Praise the Lord!

沒有留言:

張貼留言