2024年6月27日 星期四

95. Spanish language barrier

 

The boys of the same house in the House of Barnabas

Learning a language is like a woman's giving birth, the first three months are the most difficult time, but also the happiest and most fulfilling, and then a period of time is the wilderness period, you don't seem to make progress, until the baby croaks to the ground, you can enjoy the fruits of learning the language, the joy in your heart exceeds all the hard work and fatigue, but it will take many years of practical use, before you understand that you understand unconsciously, when you speak fluently and write more, but do not know that you have overcome many language barriers, your heart can be comforted and your heart can be calm.

Learning a language is the only way for missionaries to reach the locals, and without language, there are no bridges, and it is impossible to share a testimony. Missionaries of the long mission had better spend time learning the language!

I was sent by the W mission to live with the Barnabas House orphanage and their daughters, and 11 boys, and because I did not speak Spanish, I became very silent and spoke less and less; I became more and more depressed, because I could not express my joy, anger, sorrow and happiness through words, only body language was not enough, every time I ran back to the room and yelled at the wall and spoke English or Chinese, the locals thought that I was saying bad things about them behind their backs, the language was not clear, and others could only use your body language to understand what you were trying to say, which sometimes caused misunderstandings and caused chaos, contributing to a loss of control.

This why did I propose to go to a Spanish language school? This is the only way for me to survive in the mission field, and perhaps I can't stand the ridicule of people, so I have a great urge to do good at linguistics, because I love to talk about me, and I can't stand my own silence. Learning a language is painful, but it has to be done so that I can speak!

O God! It's nice to have a common language with others!

沒有留言:

張貼留言