2024年6月25日 星期二

81. Snatched up

 

Teddy with me

Moscow, the capital of Russia, was full of robberies, but I was able to get through it completely, returning to Rostov on Don City and being robbed twice, Guatemala City once, and breaking into my home in Zacapa city.

On the morning of the robbery in Rostov-on-Don, I went to the bank to exchange dollars for a visa fee for 90 days, and a Russian brother got on the same tram with me. The second robbery also happened on the tram, there were too many people on the tram that day, and I was squeezed around, and suddenly a man who was two heads taller than me, grabbed my purse, and grabbed my wallet in it, and grabbed it in less than a few minutes, I had not learned the Russian language of robbery, and I couldn't even shout, so I said, "The money is gone...", a Russian woman took out some rubles from her chest and gave it to me, I refused to accept it, so I had to get off, I still owe the tram fare, and the driver will not be held accountable. I saw what looked like a man snatching my wallet, and I chased after him, and he told me, "Wa wa wa," and I didn't understand a word, so I walked home, and my whole body trembled with convulsions as I went, and when I finally got home, as soon as my missionary's female roommate opened the door, I cried and said, "I've been robbed." My whole body trembled, and I couldn't relax for a long time. I never knew that in general, Russian women do not have wallets; they hide rubles in bras or panties, so that women with little strength could not be robbed, and no robbers dare to look for money in women's breasts and panties, this trick is not bad, but I have never tried it.

When I first took the bus to Zacapa city, visited an American missionary family, and then returned to the old city (Antigua) to stay with the family, I had to pass through the capital Guatemala, I went from a bus stop to another bus stop in the old city, it was a 10-minute walk, I was not familiar with the road, I asked all the way, I didn't know that the money bag had been cut off, and when I got to the bus stop in the old town, I was looking for a bus, along the way, a man grabbed my purse, and I fought a tug of war with him, In the end, the man snatched my purse, which contained my keys to the home stay and all my money, and in the process of snatching, I shouted "grab money" in Spanish. When I was learning Spanish, I especially learned the verb "robbery", and although I yelled and shouted for robbery, none of the locals came to help me, they just watched, and when the robbery was over, the robber swaggered out of the station, and I couldn't catch up with him because I had a hiking bag behind me, so I sat on the ground and cried and prayed to the Lord, "What should I do? I don't have a dime, how can I get on the bus?" There were more and more people watching at me, suddenly there was a man with a little boy, this man who spoke Spanish pulled me up from the ground, took me to take the bus, and gave me 10 yuan Guatemala money, and the bus fare was only four yuan and five cents, I was able to go back to the old city smoothly, and then walked back to the host family, rang the doorbell, saw the host family, tears involuntarily flowed all over my face, I was trembling all over my body into my room, and then went to the shower, when the left arm hurt, only to find that the left arm was cut when pulling, No wonder no one dared to help me.

Later, at my house in Zacapa, Guatemala, a thief with a long knife climbed over the wall into my yard, and my little dog Teddy barked frantically until I woke up, and my landlord heard the sound and ran to my house, and when he saw the thief open my door, he ran out, and stole nothing? My landlord saw the thief's face and back, and my neighbor, who owned the grocery store, chased him two or three streets in a truck, but couldn't find him, so he gave up. The neighbor across from me was stolen twice and all the appliances were removed because the thief knew that the hostess was working at the bus stop at night.

From that day on, I couldn't sleep well, and I could barely close my eyes with prayer for many nights, until I moved out of Zacapa and went to America, and my heart gradually settled down. Being robbed was a thrilling experience, but I knew that under the Lord's protection, no one could touch me, and my personal safety was completely in the Lord.


沒有留言:

張貼留言