2024年6月27日 星期四

99. God will provide

 

Hudson Taylor's wife, Maria, told Hudson Taylor, the founder of the CIM, that “there is no flour,” and she humorously said to Hudson Taylor, “Didn't you say that you put your head in a flour vat and say God will provide, and He will provide.” It wasn't long before Hudson Taylor and his wife stuck their heads into the flour vat and proclaimed, “God will provide.” The next day, a bag of flour was delivered to their door, and they died not knowing who gave it to them.

I also experienced God's provision in Guatemala, and once, when I got two months' electricity bill, and I didn't have the money to pay it, I knelt down and prayed against my bed, and God spoke to my mind, “Go to the post office first.” I went to the post office according to God's will, and found my English name Rebecca Sun among the letters of many missionaries, and I opened the envelope, and there was a card and some Guatemala money inside, and the card said, “I came to Guatemala for a short mission in the summer, and I will send you the remaining Guatemala money, I hope you can come in handy.” That's enough money to pay my electricity bill.

Another time, I only had more than 20 Guatemala money (80 Taiwan dollars) left, and I needed to invite an American short-term mission team couple to my house for dinner, and I struggled with whether to cancel the dinner or put it first? After praying, God said, “Put it on first.” I used my last money, bought vegetables, cooked dinner, and drove them to eat, and when I was done, I was wiping the dishes and preparing snacks, when suddenly a $100 USD bill floated on my plate, and I said, “Did you give it to me?” The American brother replied, “This is for you from the God of heaven, not for me.” I am confident that God will give hidden treasures to all who trust in His name.

One year, I had to go back to Taiwan to report on my work, I couldn't even pay the full amount of the plane ticket, and I left some taxes unpaid, which had to be paid before I got on the plane, I was very clear to know that God would prepare, you must think I was crazy, I didn't even have living expenses, how could God make money? One day, I passed through the bank, I used the bank's card account number to get money at the ATM, I knew that the card had no money, I still inserted the card and withdrew 20 Guatemala money, and I saw that the balance was more than 600 Guatemala money, and I relied on this money for several months, I ate two meals of instant noodles a day, a pack of instant noodles was about 2 yuan (Guatemala money), and I ate it for several months, I didn’t want to eat it again, I must become a Mummy, and the bones must not rot, because I ate too much preservatives of instant noodles.

I knew that if I didn't have a missionary vision, it would be troublesome until I prayed to see it, and if I didn't have money, it didn't matter, God would provide for it. At the end of the story, I paid my taxes, got on the plane, and had some Guatemala dollars on hand, so I could stay in a hotel and eat, were you surprised? It was so wonderful that I can't put it into words, but I knew God would provide for all my needs and go beyond what I could ask for or think.

沒有留言:

張貼留言