2024年6月27日 星期四

101. The Land of the Desert

 

Honduras Copan

Honduras Copan, my landlord and me

      Rachel, Marta and Honduras

Zacapa is the second city of Guatemala, it is a desert climate, the average temperature of the year is 30-40 degrees Celsius, from March to May every year the high temperature exceeds 40 degrees Celsius °C, very hot, the plant that can be seen everywhere is cacti, generally after 10 o'clock in the morning to before 4 o'clock in the afternoon, there are no people on the road, because everyone runs to escape the heat. That's how I spent more than six years of my missionary career there.

I mentioned the House of Barnabas earlier, and God said to me, “You are to bring people to know me more deeply.” I gradually turned from a computer teacher to a door-to-door evangelistic ministry in a mountain village, and I have prayed for countless people, leading more than 500 people to Christianity, including children and women. There are also men who believe in Christ. For the first few months of an American sister, Rachel, who had been in Guatemala for six months, I invited her to my house every week, invited her to dinner and prayed for her, and often shared God's Word, and one day, I shared what God had said to me, “Bringing people to know me deeply.” Rachel told me, “I have led her to a deeper understanding of the Lord.” She was one of the disciples I led, in 2006, she applied to go to a university in South America, she got a permit, she would stay in the university to study and evangelize, God also called her to be a missionary in the future, in her young years, she was very aware of God's calling, sometimes a good thing.

The owner of a garage, who is a deacon in our church, once went to repair a car, shared the words of the Bible with him, and told him, “Go and know the Lord!” He dug out five or six books in his drawer that knew the name of the Lord, and I explained them to him one by one, that his prayer was to become an apostle and travel around to strengthen the churches in the country, and that God would hear his prayers.

Marta, a Mexican sister, came to rest in Guatemala, she came to my house at the same time as Rachel, we had good fellowship, we prayed and ministered to each other, she also had a burden of missions, she could play the guitar and sing Spanish hymns, she came for half a year, and then she came back to Mexico to continue her seminary classes and church ministry. Pray that the Lord will bless her with the desire to do and accomplish the Lord's work.

And the barber's sister or the businessman, or my landlord, I was unconsciously guiding them, and I didn't know it? I used to live in my neighbor in Rio Hondo, she was a Catholic, and I shared Jesus every opportunity I had, and I didn't know that God was already in her heart, as she testified, “She used to smoke and drink, and because of what I shared with Jesus, she was willing to believe in Him, and her bad habits, she quit them all.” One day, I gave her a Bible in Spanish, and she began to read the Bible every day, and she had the opportunity to make a strip of cloth hanging in the Catholic Church, and the strip of cloth that read, “Jesus is Lord!” She also shared with me, “She wants to shine for Jesus in her church.” I think it's that little bit of light, and she wants to stay there, and it touches my heart deeply.

My responsibility is to let people know Jesus, to know Him more deeply, no matter what I have led Catholics to the Lord, they are willing to stay where they are and do something for the Lord, they are my sisters, because Jesus has taken a deep seat in their whole hearts, who says they are not true disciples of Jesus?

沒有留言:

張貼留言