2024年6月26日 星期三

93. Come to Guatemala to help us

 

                                                   Volcano Pacaya

The bell tower of the old city of Guatemala

Antigua ruin

The MTC thought I didn't fit in with the Australian culture, it was difficult for me because I didn't understand the Australian black jokes, they had serious faces, they said jokes (Pull someone's leg), but I didn't understand their jokes, because they sounded hurtful, and we could say, “There is no common language of jokes.”

When I returned to Taiwan for a month of training, the W missionaries were very kind to me, and they carefully instructed me to pass the one-month training. The country I can consider is Guatemala, where I go for a walk in the park every night and pray about my next step, where do I go from here? One night, while praying in the park, I had a vision of a man who raised his hand and said, “Come to Guatemala and help us.” The man, whose pants were knee-high bloomers, was troubled and prayed to the Lord, “If you send me to Guatemala, I will find similar stories in the Bible.”

When I got home, I went into my room, and I hurriedly opened his Bible, and my eyes fell on Acts 16:6-10, when the apostle Paul had a vision of a man standing in the night, and begging him (Paul), “Come to Macedonia and help us.” I knew that God was going to send me to Guatemala, and that it would take me six years to do so.

When I arrived in Guatemala, I realized that the Guatemalan men's bloomers I saw in my vision were their traditional pantsuit, and that the staff could be seen wearing them in hotels in the Old Town (Antigua), just like I had seen in my vision.

Though the doors of Africa are closed, the Lord will open them for me, and if I serve faithfully in the land of Guatemala, He will open the doors of Africa for me again, so that I may enter and fulfill the mission He has entrusted to me.

O Lord! Come help me!

沒有留言:

張貼留言