2024年6月27日 星期四

100. Toilets

 

No door toilets in the mountains of Guatemala

I've been through toilets in many countries, each with its own functions and benefits, and there are many interesting things happening in them.

In the Russian countryside the toilet was a partition outside, and the average person had to sit on a small box with a hole about the size of a toilet bowl with a mat on it, and it was very comfortable to sit on, but my feet were hanging in the air and I couldn't step on the ground, maybe my legs were short. I once went to a café in a small town, where the toilet was squatting, but the hole was too small, it was more difficult to align the hole, some hospitals, there were magnetic toilets, there was no plastic lid, and you had to flush the water manually, while the city was more normal, there were flushing toilets.

In some parts of Asia, the toilet was no door, most of the toilets were public toilets, and you just needed to go out of the door to know where the toilet is? The smell led you there, usually squatting in the toilet, there were some low walls, you could talk to people on the left and right, and your face should be facing outward, so that your part would not be seen. One missionary stood at the door with an umbrella, causing a lot of locals to come and say, “Still a white-assed woman?” And there were no toilets in the mountains, because there were toilets everywhere, and you could solve it under the bushes, which was a good thing, you could water the flowers and fertilize them.

In the mountain villages of Guatemala, the toilet was generally some distance from home, dig a deep hole, put the toilet on it, until it is almost full, remove the toilet, fill it with soil, dig another hole, and set up a toilet, once, we took the short-term missionaries up the mountain, there was a team member, sit on the toilet with cement, spread a thick toilet paper mat, sat up very comfortable, and very warm, but no one admitted that he did it? Everyone went into the toilet and came out with a smile and said, “It's not me.” Once, we went to a school, and there was a female missionary who brought a bottle of spray insecticide, and she was very proud, and she went into a toilet with a door, and she sprayed a little left and right, and finally it went into the toilet hole, and she sat down and relieved herself, and in a short time, she rushed out of the toilet, followed by some unknown flying insects, and she later described, “When she finished spraying the last part, she sat on the toilet, and she found that the hundred-year-old flying insects were all rushing up because they couldn't stand the insecticide, and she flushed out like that.”

In the mountainous areas of Guatemala where I went, there was generally no toilet, like a small room and toilet sitting, they were fenced with plastic bags on a piece of land or a piece of downhill land, once I went to the toilet alone, I squatted on the sandy ground, where there was a very large pig, I went to pi pi, while chatting with the female pig, I was afraid that she would be unhappy, so I rushed to me, first established a little interpersonal relationship with her, and the next time I went to the toilet, it was better to go to the toilet, but this huge pig could only make one sound, so I lay there without moving, Because we seemed to have reached a consensus.

Once, our short-term mission team was living in the church, where the toilet outside had no door, it was secured with a black plastic bag with inserting four branches, so I went into the toilet and sat on the toilet, and suddenly a strong wind blew the black plastic bag away, and I was sitting on the toilet, but fortunately there was a skirt to cover the front, so I smiled and waved my hand, and asked some of the children to face out, so I could get out.

Some Guatemala toilets really dare understand, I mostly go to the toilet in the bushes at night, one to the air was clear, the other could enjoy the moonlight, sometimes we girls collectively go to the toilet in the outside ground, we all squat down with a slogan to solve, stood up and left together, some people dared not go to the toilet, had been holding down the mountain, sat until the flushing toilet, dared to go to toilet, I respected these people.

沒有留言:

張貼留言