2024年5月1日 星期三

36. Sister Wilson

 

                                               Sister Wilson


                                                English class


Sister Wilson & Brother Haydn wedding

Sister Wilson was a Global Evangelical missionary in Toucheng, she was blonde and cape-like, she was thin and beautiful, she cared about the students and was very good at entertaining us, and we also liked to visit her, and ate all the toast from her house and all kinds of New Zealand jams, the jams were sent to her by her family in New Zealand, and the toast we ate for one meal was equal to the toast she ate for a week.

I heard our preacher say, "She wasn't very punctual, and one time she went to catch a train, and as soon as the train left the station, she ran after the train, and the train driver saw the blonde missionary and stopped. She has been a missionary in Taiwan for 12 years, she speaks Chinese and Taiwanese, and she is also afraid of mispronouncing. Once, the Toucheng church was playing with the wind blowing, and when Sister Wilson had the opportunity, everyone said, "The wind is blowing, what is blowing?" She said, "Blowing people with yellow skin." Because her voice was invoked incorrectly, she said "Yellow bottoms person." Everyone laughed altogether, and she laughed.

Once, she waited for a student to talk about his problem, and after waiting for more than an hour, she knitted a sweater until he opened golden mouth, and only she had this kind of patience. I was also in her English class, and she asked me if I had an English name, and I said, “No.” When she came to the next class, she gave me the English name Rebecca, which is a biblical name, during a time, I was not a Christian.

By Christmas, I had the opportunity to sleep on the floor of her bedroom, and she gave me a lot of quilts and sheepskin. She was praying in bed at about five o'clock in the morning, and I was praying too, hoping to have a good fellowship with God, just like Sister Wilson.

She was truly my spiritual mother, and when I was called for a missionary, she walked with me and received prayer. When I was in New Zealand, I saw her gentle and servant heart, and she often brought a strange old lady over for the weekend, and she always treated her well. Sister Wilson’s father was a good friend of mine, and he treated me like his granddaughter, but he always said to the nurses, "I am his daughter from China. Sister Wilson added, "She is a granddaughter."

When Sister Wilson was a missionary in Taiwan, she had a boyfriend who was a missionary in India, but she obeyed the Lord's call and stayed in Toucheng to serve until she retired, and she did take care of the parents after they passed way. When she was 59 years old, she married the 61-year-old New Zealand missionary who was serving in India, and their wedding was attended by 600 people, and an Indian pastor was so excited that his dentures flew out, and it became the wedding good story.

Sister Wilson was never in a hurry, and she was almost late for every church meeting, but she was the last person to leave the church, because there were many people to fellowship with her, and until she had finished talking to everyone that she asked me, "There is no one, let's go home!"

 
She sends me birthday cards every year, and most of them are belated card blessings, this was our sister Wilson, it would be fun for her to meet the Pastor Brother Chen, because Brother Chen would urge Sister Wilson, and it happened that hurried Brother Chen met slow Sister Wilson. I'm the indulgent type, and I can cooperate with them if they want to be slow or fast, I can do all. Because God created us all differently, and all of them are good in God’s eyes.


沒有留言:

張貼留言