2024年5月2日 星期四

44. My way is higher than yours

 

After that call to be an overseas missionary, I thought I should go to seminary, and I chose to go to Baptist College, because our pastor and his wife graduated from there.

On the morning of the exam, I was preparing the Bible section, and I naturally turned to the point that "my way is higher than your way, and my mind is higher than your mind" (Isaiah 55:8-9), and I had appeared this verse three or four times in a row as I reviewed my Bible, and I knew that it was not the way God wanted me to take, but I took the test responsibly.

After the written test, I took the oral test, and during the oral test, they asked me, "Do you want to be a Pastor’s wife in the future?" I thought to myself that our sister Tang was really a superwoman, very proficient in everything, and very capable, I can't do it, so I cried on the spot and said, "I don't want to be a pastor’s wife..." I had expected fail the exam. I just want to be an overseas missionary, not an all-powerful pastor’s wife. The written test is also high school geography, I have studied the junior college, I had not read high school geography, I really couldn't answer a single question, I was very frustrated, my English was not good, the Bible questions were also wrong everywhere, God has foreseen everything that happens, everything is in His plan.

Where is your way, where is your mind, O Lord Jesus, tells me clearly!

沒有留言:

張貼留言