2024年5月3日 星期五

53. Grandpa

 

Dad Wilson, Carol Wilson, Yuetao, Minzhi and I


Grandpa funeral

My mother's church missionary, Sister Wilson, came to Taiwan for 12 years and went home because her mother was seriously ill and she took care of her mother, after which her mother was picked up by the Lord and she moved to live on the farm with her father. I went to New Zealand for the first time at the age of 27 with my sisters, Yuetao and Minzhi. We lived on the farm of Carol Wilson Dad, a farmer in a suit, tie and leather shoes, who raised ten horses, a flock of sheep and ducks, and every morning at 5 AM, he went to the duck house to pick up duck eggs and then worked on the farm for a busy day. Dad Wilson was very kind to us, and he smiled a lot.

When I returned to New Zealand at the age of 30, Dad Wilson was often sick and hospitalized. Once, when I went to visit him, he told the nurse, “I'm his daughter from China.” Sister Wilson added that it was a granddaughter, and I got a grandfather for nothing, and my grandfather gradually stayed in the hospital, and once, on his birthday, I gave him a western-style man’s hat, and he laughed happily, and he could be angry with everyone, but for me, he was so kind, my English was not good, I often couldn't understand, what was he talking about? It doesn't matter; he was my New Zealand grandfather.

When He was in distress, we prayed for his salvation. One night, I dreamed that his eldest daughter came to her father's bedside and asked him to come to Christ..., sister Carol Wilson was the second daughter. One day, I called Sister Carol and shared my dream with her, and she told me, "When her father was dying, her eldest sister, who was very weak in faith, came to his bedside and asked him, would you like to believe in Jesus?" He replied, "Yes!" God's work is unthinkable, and He glorifies His name with a weak member so that we cannot boast!

At my grandfather's funeral, the tie that Sister Carol Wilson wore was given to him by my father in Taiwan. Wilson, a farmer in a suit, tie and leather shoes, pray that the Lord will remember him.

沒有留言:

張貼留言