2024年5月2日 星期四

47. Exhaled his last breath

 

When my mother was 57 years old, I finally hope that my children will grow up and can rest well. My mother was never sick or hospitalized, and it was really hard for a year and a half when she suddenly got cancer.

My mother is a strong believer in Buddhism, and she had an invited Buddha statue and ancestral tablets dedicated to the Sun and Song families. When she was first sick, she was relatively impatient, and often looked for opportunities to commit suicide, such as collecting sleeping pills, or wanting to commit suicide by jumping out a building, only to find that the cancer cells had spread to the trachea and could not be removed, so she had to re-suture it, and as a result, the wound was pus, and it took a lot of time to reunite.

Every time I testified to my mother, I told the story of Jesus, and I fasted and prayed for her every Thursday. One day, it occurred to me what I wanted to say, "Mom, if you call ‘Jesus’ name in any situation, He will come and save you." Mom replied, "Unless she can see Jesus, touch Him, and her pain stops." Two Saturday afternoons, when my dad and I didn't go back to give her an injection for painkillers, she met Jesus, and my mother described, “She cried out for the pain, and she saw a man with long hair and a robe come to her and hold her, and she stopped all the pain at that point.” After going through it twice, when she was sick for a year, she decided to trust Jesus, remove the statue and the tablet of her ancestors, and be baptized into the name of the Lord as a daughter of God.

I taught her to memorize Psalm 23 every day, and before she was picked up by the Lord, she memorized Psalm 23, and in the company of her family, she exhaled a long breath and was taken away by the Lord peacefully, no longer suffering from illness, and the Lord had wiped away her tears, and she had been the gentlest mother for half a year.

Because of my mother's conversion, my father threw away the carved Buddhist tombstone and made a new one in the Christian style, which read, "He is my shepherd, and I will not lack." That's the kind of satisfaction she felt when she finally walked with Jesus, and I was willing to be satisfied, to face the future that the Lord had in store for me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言