2024年5月6日 星期一

57. Hearing barrier

 

English Basis Class

I tried my best to take English classes in Taiwan, hoping that my English would improve, but when I met foreigners who spoke English, sometimes I couldn't understand a word, how could I answer? If my hearing was like a song, I must be incomplete in five tones, and I would answer indiscriminately because I couldn't understand it, causing many jokes and losing face.

On the first day of English class, I heard the teacher ask me, "How are you to die?" in Chinese, is it okay to translate it into "you go to die?" Why did the teacher tell me to die every day? It wasn't until one day that I understood that the teacher was saying, "How are you today?" and my past misunderstandings were swept away.

Because I had a hearing barrier in English, I was transferred down to three classes in a day, and I was transferred to the English basic class, speaking, writing and grammar were too simple, listening and listening again, what was the teacher talking about? Was it English? Or my ears were not aligned with the antenna of English, and the teacher's pronunciation was always very accurate, I just couldn't understand. And God is calling me to be an overseas missionary, and I can't understand English, how can I preach? God, are you getting the plan wrong? Or I'm not smart enough to understand the beauty of English.

This frustration lasted for nine months, and one day when I went back to my host family, I watched the TV series of "Genius Daddy" while having dinner, and halfway through it, I burst out laughing, squirting out of my mouth, and exclaiming, "I understood!" (I see!) My host parents ran out, they thought the kitchen was on fire, when they looked at me in surprise, I smiled, the corners of my mouth were stained with rice, and my heart was grateful, because of English listening, the Lord finally gave it to me, God trained me through nine months from a deaf English person to a person who understands English, and finally the teacher's comment on me in English is that I have professional listening ability, and English listening has become my best project, and it has also helped me learn the foundation of listening in other languages.

God also promised me that I would go down to the lowest class to learn English, and that in the future God would exalt me to graduate from the top class of this language school, and in the end, God did what He said He said.

沒有留言:

張貼留言