2024年5月6日 星期一

60. Praise and encouragement

 

Sister Wilson farm lamb

I have lived abroad for 20 years, I found that Westerners are very good at praise and encouragement, I will serve the Lord more and better I do, because there is a group of Western Christians praying for me, writing E-Mail to encourage me, as Orientals, we always like to pick bones in eggs, can never meet people's needs, but God has satisfied us, such as dancing tango, Chinese will always find fault, do not shake their heads, the pace is not accurate, etc., when we criticize, instead praise and encouragement in front!

I like Westerners to be straightforward and to encourage and praise you and tell you what is wrong. At every missionary meeting, my mission director, Peter, would say, “Rebecca is very zealous, loving God and people, but [my shortcomings] later.” I don't get angry at all, others have positive affirmations about me, and some negative ones, so that I have room for improvement. On the other hand, the biggest challenge for Chinese Christians is the criticism behind your back, and you may be the last to know that you have offended someone. There is only negative criticism, no positive praise and encouragement, because we are always satisfied with people's opinions, and forget our worth, God can show your righteousness when we are as valuable as gold, silver, and pearls, and man can trample another person under his feet? Does this reveal your righteousness? Absolutely not, how can the sacrifice of Jesus is shown without God's righteousness and grace?

When we have a negative opinion with another Christian, why don't we praise and encourage others first, and then speak the truth in love, without criticism and judgment, because none of us are God? Is it necessary to show our own righteousness and faithfulness by lowering others, and to make ourselves comfortable and proud, and how long can it bring us glory and satisfaction?

沒有留言:

張貼留言