2024年5月2日 星期四

48. Substitute for the Pastor's wife

 

   Fu Xing technology junior college students and sister Tan

Our Pastor's wife was very capable, and she had skillful, and proficient in everything. Once, when my pastor’s wife went to attend an overseas conference, I had to substitute for her, so I realized that Pastor's wife was difficult, and I hoped that God would call me to do other duties.

My Pastor's wife taught me how to make milk tea and made sacrament cakes, and when the sacrament cakes were tested, one side was baked into black cakes. When my wife took the group abroad, I boiled milk tea, the tea bag was twisted broken, filtered, there was still tea residue, there was too much creamer in it, too little sugar, it was really hard to drink!

As a result, when the pastor broke the bread, it could not be broken because it was not crispy, and the pastor said bitterly, "... This is my body, which was laid down for you. Do this in remembrance of me. (1 Corinthians 11:24) The pastor couldn't pull it away, and when it came time to distribute it to the congregation, they all bit hard, like a rubber band, and everyone wanted to laugh, because they wanted to save my face, and everyone patient couldn't laughing.

There was a Sunday school girl (now in college) who saw her very energetic and commanding others. She said, "When she grows up, she will be a Pastor’s wife. But when I heard that I was going to be a Pastor’s wife, I wanted to cry, like I was taking a Baptist oral exam.

Our Pastor’s wife was very good at playing the piano, and her students had won her many medals. I also learned keyboard in Guatemala for a few months, my teacher was Cuban, my fingers were too hard bowing, and I often my fingers up, and I finally learned a few songs, thank God!

When the pastor and my pastor’s wife traveled for a week, I was a substitute in the church, there were endless phone calls, and I had to preach on Sundays, it was really difficult to shepherd the church, in addition to patience, endurance, and a little talent, from preaching, evangelism, answering the phone and cooking, etc., it was really difficult to be a pastor!

沒有留言:

張貼留言