2024年5月6日 星期一

55. Big bags and small bags to New Zealand


                                 Snowy winter in New Zealand

In 1991, I attended crossover cultural mission camp. It encouraged my heart; I was inspired to live and serve the Lord all my life.

On June 7, 1992, I went to New Zealand to study English for a year, I wanted to bring a lot of things for a year, I brought two large luggage, five small bags, I paid for being overweight, which was equivalent to the money for a one-way ticket to New Zealand. I finally got on the plane, and soon there was turbulence, and the fuselage was in turmoil, and I thought that my time of death was coming, and I prayed, "Lord, take me! But die quickly and without pain." God said to me, "Don't be afraid, my hands hold this plane," and He promised me to stop in Singapore and someone would receive me. When we got off the plane, I tied five small bags to the cart, I was too nervous to tie them well, and a lady came to help me pack them and walked with me into the airport. This lady was married to a Singaporean, her husband worked at the airport; they took me to buy a big backpack, put all the big bags in it, took me to eat noodles, and then took me to my boarding gate.

Thank you, Lord, for keeping me from dying, and for promising a stranger to receive me, and even though it was my first time flying abroad on my own, I didn't get lost at such a large Singapore airport, and everything went smoothly, I thanked to the kind and helpful this couple.

When I arrived in New Zealand, I didn't understand a word of English, and I didn't know how to answer? I had to check my luggage at customs, and I didn't know what to expect, and when the customs officers checked one by one, I was the second-to-last person to go out of customs, and the penultimate girl was still crying there, and I gave gesture by the customs officers and walked forward, I don't know what my future holds? But I know that Sister Wilson and Brother Haydn have been waiting for me outside for a long time.

沒有留言:

張貼留言